Nonprofit organizations have a singificant impact on our community, and next month you’ll be able to help Utah’s nonprofits continue making that difference.
On March 22, a 24-hour statewide fundraising effort called Love UT Give UT will contribute directly to nonprofit organizations and schools in Utah.
“Utahns always lead the nation for charitable giving,” explains Fraser Nelson, executive director of the Community Foundation of Utah. “The Foundation is the presenter of Love UT Give UT. This year we are launching an innovative on-line event that can help Utahns learn about and give to hundreds of nonprofit organizations and schools across the state. The Community Foundation is dedicated to bringing innovative ways to expand philanthropy in our state, and this is a program whose time has come.”
This type of virtual fundraising event has been successfully pioneered in other states, raising millions of dollars and bringing new donors to organizations, large and small, that serve their communities. Other states’ successes have been impressive: Minnesota raises more than $16 million each year, and The Park City Foundation raised $595,642 for Summit County agencies on November 16, 2012.
Love UT Give UT’s vision is that every citizen contribute to the organization of their choice. They have four simple goals:
- Grow philanthropy: Create a fun and engaging way for all Utahns to learn about critical issues impacting our state and inspire them to give.
- Grow revenue: Bring new donors to the organizations that make our state and its future strong.
- Grow capacity: Build a permanent online giving platform so that all charities – no matter where they are, who they serve, or how big their budget can access online giving, now and for years to come.
- Grow community: Love UT Give UT is a day for Utahns of all backgrounds and beliefs to come together to raise as much money for nonprofit organizations and schools as possible.
The Salt Lake Chamber and its strategic partner Downtown Alliance would like to recognize a handful of 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations participating in this year’s Love UT Give UT day of giving:
- Women’s Business Center: Provides young entrepreneurs, young professionals and small business owners the critical skills, knowledge, tools and support necessary to increase their success and strengthen the economy.
- Prosperity 2020: The state’s largest business-led movement to improve innovation, investment and accounability in education.
- SLC Bike Share: Utah’s first solar powered bike share program in our capital city. It will be the first of its kind on the West Coast and will launch Spring 2013.
- Downtown SLC Presents: The mastermind behind popular community events downtown, such as the SLC Farmers Market and EVE, the city’s three-day New Year’s celebration.
To learn more about the Love UT Give UT event and cause, CLICK HERE.