The Salt Lake Chamber hosted the second Candidate Forum on Thursday morning, moderated by Chamber’s Chief Economist and Executive Vice President of Policy and Communications Natalie Gochnour.
This week it was the Salt Lake County mayoral candidates behind the table. Mark Crockett (R) and Ben McAdams (D) talked about various topics, including:
- how to maintain and improve efficiency of the triple-A bond rated Salt Lake County budget
- the idea of having a convention hotel, continued investment in the Salt Palace and the convention industry in Salt Lake for the long run
- how the county should be involved in public education’s quality and funding
- the possible incorporation of Millcreek
- how the county will pay for human services with federal funds shrinking
- air quality
The Salt Lake Chamber advocates policies that strengthen the Utah economy. From time to time, the Chamber hosts candidate forums that provide an opportunity for business leaders to ask questions of candidates in high-priority races. The Chamber does not endorse candidates but actively encourages dialogue between business leaders and candidates.
To see photos from this year’s Candidate Forums, check out our Flickr account.