The Winter Olympics are over. Did you catch this factoid from the Deseret News on Feb. 13?
“Of the 222 members on the U.S. Olympic Team, 75 to 80 (depending on who’s doing the counting) were either born in Utah, live and train here more than six months out of the year, and/or went to school here.”
In Utah, the Winter Olympics are a big deal. At the One Utah Summit, you’ll hear from members of the Utah Committee for the Games and Utah resident-Olympians about the big business of hosting the Olympics and Paralympics and what we’re doing to bring the Winter Olympics back to Utah.
- Fraser Bullock, CEO, Salt Lake City-Utah Committee for the Games
- Catherine Raney Norman, Chair, Salt Lake City-Utah Committee for the Games
- Colin Hilton, President and CEO, Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation
- Ted Ligety, Two-Time Olympic Gold Medalist and Co-Founder of SHRED
- Chris Waddell, President and Founder, Chris Waddell Inc/One Revolution Foundation
Check the summit website for frequent speaker updates.
Show Up For Utah
We’re creating ways to give back at the summit through First Lady Abby Cox’s Show Up for Service initiative. Thanks to support from United Way of Utah and Utah Inland Port Authority, attendees will have opportunities to serve, including:
- Service projects assembling food and hygiene kits and student supply backpacks
- Visiting with Utah nonprofits to learn more about their work and find ways to engage
- Donating to local nonprofits
- Signing up with nonprofit organizations to serve in ways that are most beneficial to their missions
- Participating in a new children’s book drive
We hope you’ll get your service game on and invite you to learn more about what we’ve got planned.
Do you have a comment, question, or feedback for the summit organizing committee? Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.