JOIN UTAH’S FIRST LADY – Become a Business Impact Partner
Did you know your business can make a dynamic difference inthe lives of children, youth, and families?
WHAT IS A BUSINESS IMPACT PARTNER?
A Business Impact Partner is a business committed to leveraging theirincredible products and services to make a difference in their communities.
HOW DO I LEVERAGE MY BUSINESS?
There are 2,000 foster, relative and foster-adoptive families in Utah whowork daily to help our most vulnerable children and youth across thestate.
Due to the heavy costs and limited resources, the majority of thesefamilies (and especially the children and youth they care for), are keptfrom engaging with their local businesses for products, services, andexperiences.
Business Impact Partners can pick up clients and customers they wouldhave otherwise missed, and give back to their communities, by offeringtailored discounts or membership opportunities to this population.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THESE FAMILIES & YOUTH
Foster Care is the furthest upstream we can travel to the source of about 10social wounds like homelessness, trafficking, incarceration, teen pregnancy,suicide, etc.
The children and families who have experienced this level of trauma, loss,and neglect are our most vulnerable population.
Foster, relative and foster-adoptive families are the incredible humans whostep in to support the hurting children, youth, and families.
As Business Impact Partners we can Show Up to support these families in the important work they’re doing for our future generations.
STEPS TO BECOME A BUSINESS IMPACT PARTNER
- Want to Give Back? Businesses have a unique opportunity to give discounts to the families who are doing the important work of loving the families and children who are hurting in our communities.
- Create a Discount. Foster and Relative families are often kept from enriching opportunities, classes, restaurants, educational activities, and the necessities of life because they are stretched thin caring for our vulnerable youth and families.
- Add Your Discount to the App. The Foster Friendly app was developed by Utah KidsBelong’s parent organization, America’s Kids Belong as a geo-located app that allows businesses and community resources to connect for free with their state’s foster, relative and foster-adoptive families.
- What are the needs? It’s not easy to be a foster, relative or foster-adoptive family. Not everyone is called to foster or adopt. But as a community can we foster and adopt these families. Common needs are classes or activities for the kids in their care, discounts on every day items, clothing, personal care items, restaurants, and passes to local attractions to spend time together.
- How do I know who they are? Foster and Relative families across the state are receivingkeychain ID cards that will help businesses identify them.
- I’m in, now what? We are so thrilled! Please send the discount you’d like to offer, a logo we can use, and a short description to email@example.com. She will load your discountinto the Foster Friendly geo-located app. You’ll alsoreceive a sticker in the mail to place in the window ofyour business that identifies you as foster friendly!
- Contact Info. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more, sign up, and ask any questions you might have!