First virtual ELU will guide businesses through the biggest employment law developments of 2020
Salt Lake City, September 30, 2020 – Registration is now open for Employers Council’s 31st annual Employment Law Update (ELU) conference. The first ever virtual ELU conference will be held November 12 & 13, from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
2020 has been a year for the record books and ELU will cover the most significant employment law developments of the year. Employers Council attorneys will simplify the legalese and provide critical, timely, and practical advice to help employers stay ahead of the trends and in compliance with the law.
“With so many new and evolving changes right now, Employers Council is pleased to offer Utah’s employers and HR professionals one the best employment law conferences in the country, with tailored material just for them,” said Ryan D. Nelson, president of Employers Council’s Utah office. “Our highly sought-after Employment Law Update conference stands out because it covers the most significant employment law developments, and provides practical, timely advice to minimize legal liability.”
Each year, the agenda is carefully selected by Employers Council’s expert employment and labor law attorneys who are in a unique position to recognize important events and developing trends in employment law. Employers will receive up-to-date information for operating a successful business and learn techniques to manage employees more effectively. Conference topics will include:
Day One Agenda:
- Federal Legal, Legislative and Regulatory Update – Drew Hintze, Esq.
- What to Do When Your Employee Becomes a Social Media Pariah – Curtis Graves, Esq.
- The Impacts and Implications of Equal Pay Laws, Alex Bellanti, Esq.
Day Two Agenda:
- BREAKOUT – State Legal, Legislative and Regulatory Update
- Safety in Uncertain Times: Keeping Your Employees and Organization Healthy During the Pandemic – Jennifer Vold, Esq.
- Changing the Conversation – Navigating the Challenges in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policies – Julia Paris, Esq.
- Is this our new normal? Considerations for conducting investigations during a global pandemic – Michelle Sturgell, Esq. SPHR
For more information or to register for ELU visit, www.employerscouncil.org.
ABOUT EMPLOYERS COUNCIL
Employers Council serves more than 4,500 employers, of all sizes and industries, providing the resources needed to build and maintain profitable organizations. Members are assisted by over 70 human resource, organizational development and survey professionals and 60 staff attorneys out of offices in Salt Lake City, Scottsdale, Denver, Colorado Springs, Loveland and Grand Junction. Employers Council provides employment law and human resource services to members facing the everyday challenges of operating a business. Employers Council also provides training to more than 25,000 member employees annually and offers unsurpassed HR survey data. For more information, visit www.employerscouncil.org.