Announcing the 2022 Governor’s Awards
At the May 10 summit, Gov. Cox will recognize individuals and companies that have made long-time significant contributions to Utah’s economic development, local communities, and industries. Recipients of the governor’s summit awards live and work full-time in Utah and have supported the local economy for five years or more.
- Utah Businessperson of the Year — Davis Smith
- Utah Business of the Year — HealthEquity
- Utah International Business of the Year — Walker Edison
- Cameron Russell Williams Rising Impact Award — Gladymir Philippe
- Utah Energy Pioneer Award: Individual — Craig Wagstaff
- Utah Energy Pioneer Award: Business — Rio Tinto Kennecott
- Utah Energy Pioneer Award: Community — Emery County Commission
- Governor’s Medal for Science and Technology: K-12 Education — Kelli Booth
- Governor’s Medal for Science and Technology: Academia/Research — Bruce Gale
- Governor’s Medal for Science and Technology: Industry — Christopher Gibson
The May 10 One Utah Summit tickets are sold-out. We reached capacity at The Grand America Hotel.
In June, please visit OneUtahSummit.com to learn about the Cedar City One Utah Summit (#1UTfall), hosted by Southern Utah University, on October 11-13, 2022.
And in October, we’ll have more information about next spring’s Northern Utah summit (#1UTspring).
We’re accepting sponsorships for the fall summit now. To learn more, please get in touch with Alexa Jensen at email@example.com.
How The Other Half Learns
We’re excited to welcome Oren Cass, executive director of American Compass and author of “The Once and Future Worker: A Vision for the Renewal of Work in America.” He’ll speak at the One Utah Summit about how industry and policymakers can address labor shortages and workforce skills gaps as pressing economic challenges.
And we’ll have copies of Cass’s book for summit attendees.
You can still join us at the Deal Forum on May 6 at 3 p.m. at Silicon Slopes for the One Utah Summit Startup Pitch entrepreneur competition. Powered by VentureCapital.org, six startups will pitch to a panel of investors to land one of three top spots at the One Utah Summit on May 10.
The Deal Forum’s top three finalists will present to a sold-out summit audience, with judging by Gov. Cox, Cydni Tetro, and Kimmy Paluch. They’ll compete for cash and in-kind prizes at the One Utah Summit’s Startup Pitch, including a people’s choice award.
There’s still time to sponsor, and we’re looking for fall One Utah Summit sponsors now. Learn more about sponsorships here.
Do you have a comment, question, or feedback for the summit organizing committee? Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.