As part of their commitment to COVID-19 relief, the L3Harris Foundation has initiated the L3Harris Social Impact Competitive Grant program. Through this program, the Foundation will provide $500K in grants ($25K each) to nonprofit organizations in communities where we have a large employee population. Their goal is to assist nonprofits that are helping communities that have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
Nonprofits need to meet the following criteria:
- Organization must be a 501(c)3 not for profit organization offering secular social services
- Organization must serve a population who is affected by COVID-19
- Organization must have an annual operating budget of under $750K
- Organization must operate and serve a population located in a U.S. city or region where L3Harris has an employee base
- Preference is given to organizations who predominantly serve (75%) the following populations: African American, Hispanic, LGBTQ, women or veterans
- Grants are available to create, continue or enhance programs to assist the affected population recover from the economic, educational or healthcare challenges created by COVID-19
- Operating and overhead costs must be limited to no more than 10% of the grant amount
- Grants will not be considered for individuals, political or lobbying activities, religious activities or capital expenditures.
The grant program is competitive and an application package is available HERE. The application window is open until August 26, 2020 and awards will be announced in mid-September with fund distribution before October 1, 2020.
To read more about our efforts to support communities impacted by COVID-19, visit the COVID-19 information page l3harris.com/covid-19.