The Chamber Rural Workforce Network is a partnership between the Salt Lake Chamber, Utah Department of Workforce Services and Economic Development Corporation of Utah. Many companies along the Wasatch Front are struggling to find the personnel required to thrive, and yet many rural areas are struggling for employment opportunities. Through a geographical shift, and perhaps a shift in mindset as well, the workforce demands of the Wasatch Front and the employment needs of rural Utah can connect to ease the concerns of both regions. The Chamber Rural Workforce Network’s goal is to fulfill this need.
What can your organization do?
- Identify positions that can be done remotely.
- Set a goal to have a portion of those positions filled by rural employees.
- Include #ruraljobs in the job description on jobs.utah.gov.
- Identify skill gaps and communicate those to the Department of Workforce Services.
- Leverage partner resources.
Explore the untapped potential of Utah’s rural counties and survey the possibilities that exists outside of the Wasatch Front. Click on the map below for an economic snapshot of each Utah county.