Business leaders pay tribute to those who commit their abilities and time to advance the Chamber’s mission and bolster the business community during the pandemic
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH (August 31, 2021) – Utah’s business and community leaders gathered for the Salt Lake Chamber’s 134th Annual Meeting. Attendees recognized Chamber volunteers and community leaders who have shown exemplary support over the past year by committing their time and abilities to advance the Chamber’s mission and bolster the business community.
“Overcoming the challenges of the past year have taken the best of our talents and coming together to solve problems to ensure we fully emerge from the pandemic stronger than ever,” said Derek Miller, president and CEO of the Salt Lake Chamber and Downtown Alliance. “The leadership exemplified by our outgoing Chair Craig Wagstaff, to our mission-driven Chamber team, and allies across the community have inspired many to dig deeper and give more. The important work the Chamber performs to advocate for maintaining our friendly business climate, building capacity in our community and connecting people for the greater good has stood the test of time. I am honored we get to celebrate these leaders of change as they helped us all navigate uncharted territory with steady hands.”
The Chamber recognizes that many of its accomplishments would not be possible without the business leaders of Utah, like those below, who help support and lend their expertise to the organization.
Honorees for the event included the following organizations and individuals:
- Outgoing Board Chair: Craig Wagstaff, Senior Vice President and General Manager–Western Division, Gas Distribution, Dominion Energy
- President’s Award for Excellence: Utah Black Chamber
- Corporate Partners of the Year: Ivory Homes and WCF Insurance
- Community Partners of the Year: Rich Saunders and Utah Department of Health
- Board Chair’s Initiative Award: AT&T
- Small Business of the Year: Saffron Valley Restaurants & Catering
- Chamber Champions:
- James Hadlock, Co-Founder and Chief Evangelist, Blunovus
- Barb Johnson, Commercial Real Estate Advisor, CBRE
- Ben Kolendar, Director, Department Economic Development, Salt Lake City Corp.
- Nate McDonald, Deputy Director, Utah Department of Workforce Services
- Jeff Tiede, Founder and CEO, American Packaging Group, Inc.
- Miles Romney, Senior Benefits Advisor, Diversified Insurance
- Sherry Weaver, Associate Director of Sales, Park City Mountain Resort
The Salt Lake Chamber Annual Meeting took place on August 31, 2021, at the Little America Hotel. The event theme was “Future in Focus,” as the past year was one that no one could have seen coming, and the Chamber used the opportunity to take stock, look forward, and discuss future focal points for the organization and community.
Sponsors of the Annual Meeting included Dominion Energy, Intermountain Healthcare and Wells Fargo. Event sponsors included The Boyer Company, Rio Tinto Kennecott, Rocky Mountain Power WCF Insurance, and a supporting sponsor was CBRE.
Learn more on the Salt Lake Chamber website.