Business leaders pay tribute to those who commit their abilities and time to help further the Chamber’s mission and bolster the business community
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH (September 10, 2020) – Utah’s business and community leaders gathered for the Salt Lake Chamber’s 133rd Annual Meeting and Awards Breakfast. Attendees helped recognize Chamber volunteers and community leaders that have shown exemplary support over the past year by committing their time and abilities to further the Chamber’s mission and bolster the business community.
“The pioneer spirit that built Utah out of an inhospitable desert is alive and well. It is reflected in the work of the Chamber, where our employees are engaged not simply in a job but in a mission,” said Derek Miller, president and CEO of the Salt Lake Chamber and Downtown Alliance. “We are inspired by the importance of our work and sustained by your commitment to the cause. We are passing through a challenging time, but our history is one of overcoming even greater uncertainties and being strengthened in the process.”
The Chamber recognizes many of its accomplishments would not be possible without the businessmen and women of Utah, like those honored today, who help support and lend their expertise to the organization.
Honorees for the event included the following individuals:
- President’s Award for Excellence: Scott Parson of Staker Parson Materials & Construction
- Community Partner of the Year: David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah
- Corporate Partner of the Year: Smith’s Food & Drug
- Outgoing Chair: Linda Wardell, City Creek Center
- Chair’s Initiative Award: Success in Education Foundation
- Chamber Champions:
- Lloyd Allen, CBRE
- Rebecca Dutson, The Children’s Center
- Michael Hanson, Zions Bank
- Juanita Meske, Deseret Digital Media
- Shawn Newell, Industrial Supply Company
- Craig Weston, BluNovus Care
The Salt Lake Chamber Annual Meeting took place on September 10, 2020, at the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium. The event theme was “Adventure Awaits!” as there is no one way to engage with the Chamber and it is a place for opportunity, networking, education, and professional growth for businesses and professionals throughout the state.
This year’s major sponsors are Dominion Energy, Intermountain Healthcare and Wells Fargo, and event sponsors are Kennecott Utah Copper Corporation – Rio Tinto and Rocky Mountain Power and WCF Insurance.
Learn more about the Chamber’s 2019-2020 year: slchamber.com/2019-2020-annual-report.