Stay Safe to Stay Open is a statewide campaign to meet the critical imperatives of helping Utah address the health-related objectives to prevent and recover from the coronavirus while at the same time assisting the business community in an effort to appropriately strengthen our state’s economy.
Stay Safe to Stay Open seeks to educate, inform, and help businesses communicate to their consumers that they have pledged to follow safety guidance from the Utah Department of Health.
Businesses participating in the campaign will be able to clearly identify their participation by colorful signage displayed in their windows and throughout their establishments, demonstrating that they have taken a pledge to follow the state’s guidelines.
Taking the Stay Safe to Stay Open pledge is as easy as 1… 2… 3.
- Read and take the pledge below.
- Fill out the short form.
- Receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to obtain signage that demonstrates your company has taken the pledge to Stay Safe to Stay Open.
Stay Safe to Stay Open is a partnership between the Salt Lake Chamber and the Utah Department of Health.
FOLLOW THE SAFE SEVEN
Businesses that pledge to Stay Safe to Stay Open follow state health guidelines to show care for and appreciate customers and to protect our community and our economy. Businesses agree to practice these seven safe habits as outlined in the Utah Leads Together plan.
- Conduct temperature checks before work and stay home when sick.
- Wash our hands frequently and avoid touching our face and eyes.
- Practice social distancing including wearing face coverings in close common areas.
- Learn about high-risk groups and help protect them.
- Cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze.
- Clean high touch surfaces frequently
- Follow public health guidance as updated.
These core principles provide a solid foundation upon which establishments can safely stay open. Not every cold or virus can be prevented but we can integrate these best practices for individual responsibility and mutual respect.