What is the Utah Business PAC?
The Utah Business PAC is the political action committee (PAC) for the Salt Lake Chamber. A political action committee is an organization representing a specific cause or interest that raises funds to support political campaigns.
The Utah Business PAC provides financial support to candidates running for city, county and statewide offices who recognize the importance of economic and community prosperity and champion business success.
Federal law prohibits associations from using member dues for political contributions. Utah Business PAC is funded through voluntary, individual contributions from Chamber members only. We cannot accept contributions from non-Chamber members and non-U.S. citizens.
Utah Business PAC is registered with the state and, under the oversight of the Lieutenant Governor’s Office, will file regular reports detailing the financial activities of the PAC. Utah Business PAC complies with all state federal laws and regulations governing its operations.
- Opportunities to regularly meet, interact and share ideas about issues of importance to the business community with state and local elected officials through exclusive PAC sponsored events
- Access to information and updates regarding the candidates and/or elected officials the PAC supports during elections and legislative sessions
- Recognition at select Chamber sponsored policy events
- Recognition on PAC website
- Quarterly Elected Officials Roundtables:
- Meet newest elected officials (November directly after the general election)
- Top officials briefing (legislative leadership and/or the Governor) (Fall)
- Industry-specific idea sharing (Spring)
- Regional local official roundtables (one in northern Utah, one in southern Utah) (Summer)
- Candidate Forums (before the primary and general election)
*Only PAC members will get invited to PAC events
- Business Champions Breakfast
- Utah Economic Outlook & Public Policy Summit (discount only at Promoter Club level and above)
- Government Affairs Bootcamp (discount only at Promoter Club level and above)
- Capitol Club Forums
*Only includes this select group of Salt Lake Chamber events.
- Recognition on Utah Business PAC web page
- Logo or name listing depending on membership level
- Name listed at event = printed in the program
- Exclusive “PAC Insiders” local and statewide election updates
- Exclusive “PAC Insiders” “how they voted” updates during the legislative session
PAC Membership Levels
- All Promoter, Leadership, Policy, and Capitol Club benefits
- Six complimentary registrations to all PAC sponsored events
- Four complimentary registrations to listed Salt Lake Chamber policy events
- Name recognition at listed Salt Lake Chamber public policy events
- All Leadership, Policy and Capitol Club benefits
- Four complimentary registrations to all PAC sponsored events
- Two complimentary registrations to select listed Chamber sponsored policy events
- PAC member discount on the Salt Lake Chamber’s Government Affairs Bootcamp
- Logo recognition at PAC sponsored events
- Access to “PAC Insiders” legislative session “how they voted” updates
- Complimentary table sponsorship at the Salt Lake Chamber Business Champions Breakfast
- All Policy and Capitol Club benefits
- Two complimentary registrations to all PAC sponsored events
- One complimentary registration to a listed Chamber policy event of your choice
- Logo recognition on PAC web page
- All Capitol Club benefits
- Two complimentary registrations to a PAC sponsored event of your choice
- Name listing at PAC sponsored events
- Name listing on PAC web page
- Invitation to PAC sponsored events
- Invitation to listed Salt Lake Chamber sponsored policy events
- Access to “PAC Insiders” local and statewide election updates