The Salt Lake Chamber is hiring a full-time, exempt Public Policy Coordinator. This position will report to the Vice President of Public Policy and assist the Government Relations and Public Policy Department with execution of policy priorities and provide support for public policy and government relations programs, committees and members.
- Manage a committee calendar, prepare agendas and take meeting minutes at committee and task force meetings.
- Drive content and initiatives that are generated in policy committees and forums.
- Conduct community outreach to increase member engagement in policy committees and forums.
- Assist or lead in the organization and implementation of advocacy campaigns including strategic initiatives coalitions councils and research.
- Prepare legislative advocacy materials (legislative drops, fact sheets, FAQs, etc.)
- Writing talking points, speeches, letters and other communications.
- Represent the Chamber in public forums as assigned.
- Help plan and execute major policy events including all aspects of event planning and preparation.
- Help organize Washington, D.C. trip(s) and State Capitol trip(s).
- Assist with the annual legislative reception and Chamber day on the Hill.
- Be the initial point of contact for State Chambers with policy related questions.
- Assist with preparation of Chamber’s priorities for legislative session and beyond.
- Organize policy forums and roundtable discussions.
- Help coordinate public policy with other organizations.
- Maintain policy committee and task force rosters in ChamberMaster.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for duties.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Writing projects as assigned.
- Coordinate with communications to develop distribution and execution plans for annual Chamber Publications.
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to draft correspondence and proofread documents
- Background in public policy field (work or university training)
- Pleasant and professional people skills
- Dependable (on time and on task)
- Manage multiple projects and tasks
- Consistent application of good judgment
- Professional maturity (ability to stay continuously productive in a complex work environment)
- Confidentiality is expected
- Think creatively and recommend ideas for improvement
- Serve as a leader within the office and community
To Submit Application Contact:
Ginger Chinn at firstname.lastname@example.org.