Are you passionate about strategic thinking, persuasive communication, and growing a global organization? Are you a self-starter, but also enjoy working with a dynamic team? If so, we are looking for talent like you to join our Global Business Services team!
We are looking for someone to start and grow a business in rural communities spanning central and southern Utah. The Region includes the following counties: (Millard, Sanpete, Emery, Grand, Sevier, Beaver, Piute, Wayne, San Juan, Iron, Garfield, Washington, and Kane).
Who We Are
WTC Utah’s mission is to connect local companies to global opportunities through our networks, program, and services. At the forefront of this effort, the Global Business Services team engages companies statewide to consult, advise, and grow companies.
Work You’ll Do
As the Director of Business Development, you are empowered to grow a sustainable business throughout rural communities in Utah. Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Creating a strategy to market and sell business services to companies of all sizes
- Building and maintaining relationships with WTC Utah’s members and partners to grow penetration and influence in rural communities
- Coordinating cross-functionally with the service delivery team to improve communication and optimize client support processes
- Occasionally deliver trainings & workshops on international business essentials
How You Will Measure Success
Your performance will be measured in the following areas:
- Number of Companies Served
- Revenue Growth
- Team Collaboration
- Client Impact
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- Experience thinking outside the box and chasing opportunities, preferably in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments.
- Strong business development and leadership skills correlated with a track record in building and scaling strategies that deliver results.
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations, company and product presentations, written communications such as email and proposals.
- The ability to work independently and remotely in an environment that changes rapidly (we’re a startup)
- Direct B2B sales, advising experience is a plus
- Trade industry or other international business experience
- Experience using the following services:
- Gazelle A.I.
- Customs Info.
Who you will report to
- You will report directly to the Vice President of Global Business Services who will set organizational goals and direct the overall strategy of the division
How You’ll Grow
At WTC Utah, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their careers identify and use their strengths. From on-the-job learning to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware.
Applicants can send their resume to Nicole Sherwood at email@example.com by June 11, 2021.