The Wasatch Innovation Network, a joint venture between the Salt Lake Chamber and TechBuzz News, has opened its nomination process for the inaugural Wasatch Innovation Network Top 100 Entrepreneurs (WIN 100).
WIN100 is designed to cultivate relationships among top Founders, CEO and CTO talent. The WIN100 is a community-nominated and peer-selected organization of the top 100 tech venture entrepreneurs with ties to the state of Utah.
The program aims to accomplish the following:
- Increase visibility and collaboration amongst Utah’s top venture entrepreneurs
- Increase networking and dialogue with their peers and partner organizations
- Raise the profile of these talented individuals across the broader business ecosystem and particularly among in-state and out-of-state investors
- Create a unique, self-directed community
- Elevate the community-minded culture of Utah’s startup ecosystem
The Wasatch Innovation Network believes that WIN100 will be integral in helping to enhance and mature Utah’s startup ecosystem, and building trusted and informal relationships with top executive and technical talent in the region.
- Submit nominations by April 4, 2022.
- Provide the name, company and, if possible, email addresses and phone numbers of up to 10 individuals that are most likely to launch or lead a successful high-growth startup in the next 2-5 years as Founder/CEO/CTO
- When the nomination phase of the selection process has been completed, an audit committee convenes to approve all nomination submissions. The nomination committee has final decision authority for all nominations.
The responses will be used to assemble a list of candidate nominees. These candidate nominees will then vote for their peers based on the above criteria. The results of this peer voting will determine the WIN100 Top Entrepreneurs for 2022. If they choose, finalists will have the ability to withdraw before publication and recognition. The top one hundred WIN100 nominees will be recognized at an awards luncheon in the spring with all of the Utah Ventures funds attending. They will also be invited to be guests of honor at a venture conference in the fall.
April 4, 2022
11:59:00 p.m. MST
To submit a nomination, click here.
Presenting Sponsor of the WIN100 is Kickstart. Atomic and Sorenson Ventures are Venture Sponsors. Diversified Insurance Group, Epic Ventures, Mayer Brown and Peterson Ventures are the Startup Sponsors. Album VC, Assure, Pando Ventures, Spacestation Investments, SpringTide, Sweater and Venture Slopes are Entrepreneur Sponsors. Axcend, BioUtah, BoomStartUp, boardlevel.io, Gamify, Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute, Utah Advanced Materials & Manufacturing Initiative, and Utah Valley University are WIN100 Partners.
About the Wasatch Innovation Network:
The Wasatch Innovation Network is founded on the belief that business leaders are stewards and creators, not just beneficiaries, of our entrepreneurial ecosystem. The Wasatch Innovation Network will provide a channel for that ecosystem and work to turn vision into reality through collaborating on innovation across industries, planning and creating to accelerate job growth, talent recruitment and economic prosperity. This will benefit the Wasatch Front, State of Utah, and Intermountain West in achieving transformative impact.
About the Salt Lake Chamber:
The Salt Lake Chamber is Utah’s largest and longest-standing business association. A statewide chamber of commerce with members in all 29 Utah counties, the Chamber represents the broad interests of the state’s 63,000-plus employers, which employ more than 1.4 million Utahns. This includes thousands of members and their employees. With roots that date back to 1887, the Chamber stands as the voice of business, supports its members’ success and champions community prosperity.
About TechBuzz News:
TechBuzz News is on a mission to shine a spotlight on important things happening in the Utah technology and startup community. We strive to be a fair, independent voice for the Utah tech scene. TechBuzz is a Utah-based news agency collecting and distributing news stories to individuals and other news organizations about the Utah technology sector and general Utah economy via our own website, techbuzz.news, our weekly newsletter, and syndication partners such as UtahBusiness.