Utah’s business and community leaders gathered today for the Salt Lake Chamber’s 136th Annual Meeting. The Chamber released its 2022-2023 Annual Report which outlines collective successes of the organization and celebrates an ongoing vision for the future.
“A commitment to working together and bridging divides has sustained the Chamber for an astounding 136 years,” said Derek Miller, president and CEO of the Salt Lake Chamber. “Our history of seeking and standing on common ground in order to build the most prosperous society for Utahns pushes us to climb higher. The Chamber, and our business community, will continue its efforts to expand opportunity and build prosperity across the state for many years to come. Each business represents a dream and a chance to make a difference in other’s lives. Today, we celebrate and recognize businesses and individuals for the good they are doing in our community.”
In addition, the Chamber honored several volunteers and partners who have shown exemplary support over the past year by committing their time and abilities to advance the Chamber’s mission and bolster the business community.
Honorees for the event included the following organizations and individuals:
- President’s Award for Excellence: Brandon D. Fugal, Chairman, Colliers
- Legacy Award (honors a long-standing business): Rio Tinto Kennecott
- Fortitude Award (honors a corporate business): Fidelity Investments
- Opportunity Award (honors a small business): Nexus IT
- Icon Award (honors a woman-owned business): Alpha-Lit Salt Lake City
- Inclusive Business Award (honors a business dedicated to diversity and inclusion through corporate values and policies): Bank of America
- Trailblazer Award (honors a “rising star” in our community): Cloe Nixon, Government Affairs Manager, Dorsey & Whitney
- Chamber Champions (honors exceptional Chamber volunteers and partners):
- Jadon Andersen, Senior Director of Sales, Deseret Digital Media
- Erin Barry, Vice President of Government Affairs, Merit Medical Systems
- Sue Devereaux, HR & Benefits Consultant
- Jennifer Goodwin, Director of Marketing, Northwestern Mutual
- Brent Uberty, Managing Director, BW Productions
The Salt Lake Chamber Annual Meeting was held at the Salt Lake City Marriott Downtown at City Creek. This year’s premier sponsors were Dominion Energy and Intermountain Health. Event sponsors were Mountain America Credit Union, PCF Insurance Services, Rio Tinto Kennecott, Rocky Mountain Power and Wells Fargo.
To learn more about our honorees, click here.
To view the 2022-2023 Annual Report, click here.