Certificates of Origin
The Salt Lake Chamber offers this service to members for a fee of $5.00 per certificate.
Certificates are processed Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
For more information contact the Chamber at (801) 364-3631 or email@example.com
What is a Certificate of Origin?
A Certificate of Origin (CO) is a document which states the origin of goods being exported. Virtually every country in the world considers the origin of imported goods when determining what duty will be assessed on the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be legally imported at all.
Who needs it?
Exporters. Certificates of Origin may be needed to comply with Letters of Credit, import Customs requirements or a buyer’s request.
What is the Procedure?
- Documents Needed: Bring or send at least two originals (one for the Chamber to keep and one for you). Note: Each original certificate must be notarized.
- Notarization: Each original certificate must be completed and notarized. There is a notary available on-site at the Chamber.
- Bill of Lading or Air Waybill (shipping documentation): Bring or send the original and a copy for our records. The details from this must match the certificate of origin; if not, we cannot process the certificates.
- Commercial Invoice: Please bring the original and a copy for our records.
- Payment: Certificates will not be processed without payment.
For more information regarding certificates of origin: CLICK HERE