Leadership Utah, the Salt Lake Chamber’s signature leadership program, is an exclusive experience for mid-and upper-level management professionals to gain insight into the opportunities and challenges facing our state and at the same time become more engaged leaders. Over a year, the class of public and private sector participants will expand their network, hear from key community leaders, and learn how they can best support our ever-changing society.
The program runs September 2021 through July 2022 and features ten monthly classes (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.), plus a graduation luncheon in July. Each area topic is examined in-depth by experts in that particular field. Participants will gain access to information that is not readily available through other sources.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Individuals selected to take part in Leadership Utah will include representatives from both the private and public sectors. A maximum of 60 people will be admitted to the program.
Each candidate will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Must be a representative of a organization who is a member of the Salt Lake Chamber
- Work experience
- Demonstrated community interest and engagement
- Aspirations to serve on boards, in other leadership roles in the community, and in key positions within their organization
- Candidates must currently hold middle- or upper-level management positions within their organizations.
Individuals will be selected through a review process. A maximum of 60 people will be admitted. Acceptance letters will be sent out by July 15, 2021 along with an invoice. Please do not send payment for the program until you have been accepted.
The fee for each participant that is accepted into Leadership Utah is $1,900 for members in good standing with the Salt Lake Chamber. The fee is to be paid in full prior to the first session. This tuition covers the cost of meals, activities, materials, and program administration. *Please note, this is a members-only program. If your company is not a member, please contact a business development representative at (801) 364-3631.
Contact Heidi Walker at email@example.com.
LEADERSHIP UTAH CLASS OF 2022 SCHEDULE
- September 10, 2021 – Orientation and Leadership
- October 8, 2021 – Health Care
- November 12, 2021 – Crime & Law Enforcement
- December 10, 2021 – Community Service
- January 14, 2022 – Education & Technology
- February 11, 2022 – Government
- March 11, 2022 – Arts, Sports & Entertainment
- April 8, 2022 – Environment & Infrastructure
- May 12, 2022 (Thursday) – Economic Development, Military & Tourism
- June 10, 2022 – Religion & Culture
- July 13, 2022 (Wednesday, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.) – Graduation Luncheon
A strong commitment to the program is necessary if individuals are to benefit fully from the Leadership Utah experience. Participants are required to attend 80 percent of all scheduled activities in order to graduate.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.