The Salt Lake Chamber Leadership Utah program offers insight into opportunities and challenges facing our State.
Leadership Utah is a year-long program that begins in September and continues through June. The schedule features ten monthly, day-long sessions. Each topic is examined in-depth by experts in that particular field. Participants are given access to vast amounts of data, information, and resources, which are compiled in a well-organized, well-developed format. Much of the information acquired by participants is not available or accessible through other sources.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
A diverse group of individuals will be selected to take part in Leadership Utah, including representatives from both the private sector and the public sector. Candidates must currently hold middle or upper-level management positions within their organizations. A maximum of 50 people will be admitted to the program.
A confidential selection committee will evaluate all applications. The written application will be the sole basis for selection.
Each candidate will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Educational background
- Work history and current position
- Demonstrated level of interest in the community
- Aspirations to serve on boards, in other leadership roles in the community, and in key positions in their own organization
- Strong likelihood of remaining in the area for at least five years following completion of the program
- Full endorsement and support from their employer
- Strong commitment to the program
ABOUT LEADERSHIP UTAH
The quality of a community’s future is determined by the quality of its public and private sector leadership. If a community is seriously interested in trying to change things from the way they are to what they should be, it will begin with a firm commitment to seriously analyze its problems and to identify, educate, train, and support a team of public and private sector community leaders to attack those problems. Without that commitment, a community cannot develop the intelligent, creative, and energetic local leadership network that is essential for the community to achieve its full potential.
The Salt Lake Chamber has made a commitment to the quality of the area’s future. Leadership Utah was formed in 1984 and began its first training program in January 1985. The Chamber is dedicated to provide the necessary direction to establish, train, and support a network of aware and knowledgeable citizens ready to take on the challenges of an ever-changing society.
CURRENT CLASS ROSTER
The fee for each participant who is accepted into Leadership Utah is $1,600 for members in good standing with the Salt Lake Chamber. For those who are not chamber members the fee is $2,000. The fee is to be paid in full prior to the first session. This tuition covers the cost of meals, transportation, activities, materials, and program administration.
A strong commitment to the program is necessary if individuals are to benefit fully from the Leadership Utah experience. Participants are requested to attend all of the scheduled sessions and activities. Participants are required to attend 80 percent of all scheduled activities in order to graduate.
LEADERSHIP UTAH CLASS OF 2019 SCHEDULE
- September 21, 2018 – Orientation and Leadership (Individual and class photos will be taken.)
- October 26, 2018 – Health Care
- November 9, 2018 – Crime & Law Enforcement
- December 14, 2018 – Community Service
- January 25, 2019 – Education
- February 22, 2019 – Government
- March 15, 2019 – Arts, Sports & Entertainment
- April 18, 2019 (THURSDAY) – Economic Development & Tourism
- May 17, 2019 – Environment & Infrastructure
- June 21, 2019 – Religion & Culture
- July 9, 2019 – Graduation Luncheon (11:30 – 1:30 p.m.)