The Substitute Teacher—Business Connection, a new initiative of the Salt Lake Chamber, was created to encourage Utah businesses to help address the substitute shortage facing our state. Many school districts are struggling to find the substitute teachers necessary, and many employers have a workforce available to assist.
To help facilitate this, the Chamber is partnering with Salt Lake School District and Granite School District to determine the best way to connect employees and employers directly to schools, to meet their needs based on their specific requirements.
During the webinar presenters discussed how Utah organizations can easily get involved, help address the shortage and more.
- State Superintendent of Schools. Sydnee Dickson
- Patrick Flanagan, Human Resources Director, Granite School District
- Logan Hall, Executive Director of Human Resource Services, Salt Lake City School District
Support the Salt Lake City School District:
- Employee Hiring Processes – Salt Lake City School District (slcschools.org)
- Salt Lake City School District – TalentEd Hire (tedk12.com)
Support the Granite School District: