The Salt Lake Chamber’s Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Training Series, sponsored by sustaining partners Semnani Family Foundation and Zions Bank, was developed to provide newly designated or seasoned professionals in the field of diversity and inclusion access to thought leadership and program development.
Cohort attendees will learn from experts the business case for implementing a diversity and inclusion program. This training will help participants develop a diversity and inclusion strategic plan for their team, company or industry sector and infuse these strategies into their respective corporate cultures. Implementing the strategy and tactics from the training will also build unity and relationships across organizations as they interact with other cohort attendees.
This program will set up these businesses for success by providing the necessary tools, resources and training, as well as give best practices to make a significant impact on diversity and inclusion in Utah.
- Currently has a role that includes diversity and inclusion responsibilities
- Interested in enhancing diversity and inclusion skills
- Size of group: 25-30 people
- Participants are encouraged and expected to allow these sessions to be a safe space to discuss difficult and sensitive topics
- All classes will be held 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on the following Wednesdays. Participants must be in attendance for all six classes to graduate and receive the certificate of completion. No online options will be available for the cohort. If you cannot attend all the Spring cohort classes, please contact us.
- March 22, 2023
- April 5, 2023
- April 19, 2023
- May 3, 2023
- May 17, 2023
- May 31, 2023 (final class, begins at 2:30 p.m.)
- Each cohort is two hours, every other week for almost three months, with 90 minutes of in-person training and 30 minutes of discussion/conversation with the group
- Applications will be reviewed and applicants notified whether they were accepted or not.
- Scholarships have generously been made available to offset the total cost of the program. All accepted applicants are guaranteed the scholarship pricing of $299 (actual value: $1,500).
- March 17, 2023 or until cohort is full